Thursday, August 17, 2006

Just Another Day....

This won't be anything deep or profound. I just figured I’d write something to fill the space that’s been missing for the past two months. Many things have happened since then. Summer started and is now almost over, and I, despite my best efforts, have been bored out of my mind. I know that I’ll look back on this day with scorn when the books start piling and the papers are due. I have so much time on my hands right now, time I know I won't have when school starts again.

I've been thinking about the upcoming year and am wracked with indecision about what path I should take. On one hand I have the ability to go over seas and study on foreign soil. On the other, I have the privilege/possibility of aiding an organization that my heart has been in since my arrival at school. I'm being pulled from both sides by none other than myself and I can't seem to find a conclusion that makes me totally happy. So, I’ve chosen what makes me most content.

I can never say that I’ve made a true commitment if I don't actually go through with committing. So...I'm staying. Though I’m sure that in England I would learn, experience, and grow in ways I never could here, I know that there will always be opportunities for exploration. I must first get my house in order before I can go out and explore the other side of the fence. I just hope that I have enough drive and dedication to make this experience worth forfeiting the part of my life I could be living.

For those of you who have been waiting for this decision: I'm putting my best foot forward so that you have the opportunity to do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..you are a very contraversal individual. I think you'd do very well on Real World. Anyway..as for your boredom over the summer...had you picked up the phone and called we could have been boored together in either B-more or Philly take your pick. Oh yeah did you get a myspace page yet?? you need to. Okay that's all for now.
BYe